As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with.
1. These terms and conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you). By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. We intend that these terms and conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you (e.g. by giving you rights as a business).
INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
3. We are Kokoon Technology a company registered in England and Wales under number 08740486 whose registered office is at Unit M1, 245a Coldharbour Lane, London, SW9 8RR with email address firstname.lastname@example.org (the “Supplier” or “us” or “we” or “our”).
5. The following definitions apply to these terms and conditions:
“Consumer” means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
“Contract” means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
“Delivery Location” means your address or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
“Goods” means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the description, and in the quantity, as set out in the Order;
“Order” means the Customer’s accepted order for Goods to be supplied by us, as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
“Website” means our website, kokoon.io on which the Goods are advertised.
6. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
7. The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order.
8. A Contract will be formed for the Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (the “Order Confirmation”). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you.
9. You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract.
10. We will assign you an order number which will be set out in the Order Confirmation. It will help us deal with your queries if you can state your order number whenever you contact us about an Order.
11. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we reserve the right to reject it for any reason, although we will inform you of this rejection in writing and will not charge you for the Goods ordered.
12. You can only submit an Order for the Goods if you are eligible to enter into a Contract and are at least 18 years old.
13. The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description, including any images of the Goods, is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied.
14. In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
15. All Goods advertised for sale on the Website are subject to availability.
16. We reserve the right to make any changes to the Goods which are necessary to in order to:
comply with any applicable law or safety requirement; or
implement minor technical adjustments and improvements,
If such changes are necessary, we will notify you of these changes in writing.
17. You agree that you shall only use the Goods purchased for personal purposes, and that you shall not purchase the Goods with an intention to resell them in any manner whatsoever. You shall not reverse engineer the Goods or use the Goods to create a competitive product.
YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
18. If you wish to make a change to the Goods you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the Goods, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change, and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the Contract (see ‘Your right to cancel’).
PRICE AND PAYMENT
19. The price of the Goods, and any additional delivery or other charges, is that set out on the order pages of the Website at the date of the Order, or any such other price as we may agree in writing.
20. Prices and charges include VAT (or any applicable sales tax if you are based in the United States of America) at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
21. Except in the event of a manifest error (see below, paragraph 23), any price quoted for the Goods is valid for a maximum period of one day from the day on which you see it on the Website, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
22. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Goods we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the Goods’s correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the Goods’ correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
23. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the Contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
24. You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order. We will charge your debit or credit card immediately.
25. The costs of delivery in relation to any Order will be displayed to you on our Website at the time you submit an order.
26. We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location as soon as reasonably possible, and in any event within  days after the day on which you receive the Order Confirmation, unless we notify you in writing that the Goods will take longer than 30 days to be delivered.
27. If we do not deliver the Goods due to an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know, and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may (as your sole and exclusive remedy) treat the Contract as at an end and receive a refund for any Goods you have paid for but not received.
28. If we miss the delivery deadline for any Goods then you may (as your sole and exclusive remedy) treat the Contract as at an end straight away and receive a refund for any Goods you have paid for but not received if any of the following apply:
we have refused to deliver the goods; or
after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
29. If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (as your sole and exclusive remedy) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us at your expense before your payments made under the Contract will be returned.
30. We generally deliver to addresses in the European Union and United States of America. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside these areas, you may need to pay additional import duties or other taxes which will be notified to you at the time you submit your Order.
31. If you, or your nominee fail, through no fault of our own, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge you the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering the Goods. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the Contract.
32. You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or for any other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above delivery provisions, and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
33. We may have to suspend the supply of Goods in order to:
deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
update the Goods to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
make changes to the Goods as requested by you or notified by us to you.
RISK AND TITLE
34. Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
35. You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return the Goods or, if you reside in the United Kingdom only, allow us to collect them.
CONFORMITY AND GUARANTEE
36. We are under a legal duty to supply Goods that are in conformity with this Contract.
37. Upon delivery, the Goods will:
be of satisfactory quality;
be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
conform to their description.
38. The guarantee at paragraph 37 is in addition to your legal rights in relation to Goods that are faulty or not as described.
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
39. Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this Contract without giving any reason at any time from the date of the Contract until the day which is 14 days from the day on which you (or your nominee) receive the Goods or, if the Goods are delivered in instalments, 14 days after you (or your nominee) receive the last instalment of the Goods (the “Cancellation Period”), and receive a full refund.
40. If you cancel this Contract within the Cancellation Period, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery, except for:
supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us; and
deductions for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (i.e. handling beyond the sort that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a either completing the Model Cancellation Form set out at Schedule 1 of these terms and conditions and sending to email@example.com, or by sending a clear statement setting out your decision to cancel your Order to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIMING OF REIMBURSEMENT
42. If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than the earlier of:
14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied; or
14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
43. If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
44. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
45. If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
46. We will pay the cost of the return for all Goods ordered as part of the pre-order sale.
OUR RIGHT TO END THE CONTRACT
47. We may end the Contract for Goods at any time by writing to you if you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the Goods to you or collect them from us.
48. You must compensate us if we end the Contract in the situation set out in paragraph 47 above. We will refund any money you have paid in advance for Goods we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the Contract.
49. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking the Contract, or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
50. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the GOODs (including the right to receive GOODs which are: as described and match information we provided to you and any sample or model seen or examined by you; of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose made known to us; supplied with reasonable skill and care and, where installed by us, correctly installed); and for defective GOODs under UK Consumer Protection LEGISLATION.
51. We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the GOODs for domestic and private use. If you use the GOODs for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
52. TO the extent permitted under law, in no event shall Kokoon’s liability for damages arising in connection with any goods exceed the purchase price of the goods paid by you. These limitations will apply whether the liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, under statute or otherwise.
53. Some states in the United States of America do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability of consequential or incidental damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to all users; in such states, liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
54. Kokoon Technology Limited and its licensors own all intellectual property rights in the Goods. You shall acquire no interest or rights in Kokoon’s intellectual property by virtue of this Agreement.
Changes to these terms and conditions
55. We have the discretion to changes these terms and conditions at any time. If we make any such changes we will notify you, and you may then contact us to end the Contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any Goods paid for but not received.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
56. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the Contract. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the Contract within [30 days] of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for Goods not delivered.
57. You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. However, you may transfer our guarantee to a person who has acquired the Goods. We may require the person to whom the guarantee is transferred to provide reasonable evidence that they are now the owner of the Goods.
58. Nobody else has any rights under this Contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
59. If a court finds part of this Contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
60. Even if we delay in enforcing this Contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this Contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
61. The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
62. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 days. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
SCHEDULE 1 – MODEL CANCELLATION FORM
To Kokoon Technology Limited
245a Coldharbour Lane,
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*]/for the supply of the following service [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*]
Name of consumer(s):
Address of consumer(s):
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper):